Friday, March 14, 2014

I don't think you're ready...

For this Jelly.
So the theme of this months MATS Bootcamp mini assignment is jelly moulds. I own only one vintage glass Jelly mould so grabbed a load of pictures of moulds from ebay and started sketching without much idea of what I was going to do with all these sketches. And I have to admit I wasn't loving the theme initially. The main assignment revealed that the application was bolt fabric - something I feel quite comfortable with so I worked up a jelly mould pattern, giving it a bit of a bold retro feel, again something I feel quite comfortable with:

But the point of me taking the bootcamp is that I push myself creatively, to try things that are not in my comfort zone. I have a whole bunch of other ideas and still a week left before submission deadline so will be working up a few more ideas too. Despite not loving the theme to begin with, I'm really quite enjoying it now, and can't wait to try out a few new (and a bit more uncomfortable) things.

2 comments:

trash said...

Oooo! I like those jellies.

Kitty said...

I just love those jelly mould flowers!